Nathan Daley, MD, MPH, a thought-leader in health-oriented medicine and ecological medicine and a specialist in integrative and preventive medicine. See bio here or here or here and at Dr. Andrew Weil’s Health Network here.
Specialty: Integrative Preventive Medicine, Integrative Performance Medicine, and Ecological Medicine.
More specifically, Dr. Daley’s specialty is enhancing health, vitality, and performance as well as preventing or treating disease by creating individualized programs utilizing combinations of:
- cutting edge nutritional techniques
- potent exercise/movement techniques (used by elite athletes)
- sleep optimization
- mind-body techniques and stress management
- environmental modification
- lifestyle or ecological modification
- herbal supplements
- nutraceutical supplements
- Ayurvedic medicine
- bioidentical hormones when indicated
- pharmaceuticals when indicated
- motivational interviewing
- advanced diagnostic and laboratory evaluation
- and referral to both complementary and conventional specialists as needed.
Expertise and Conditions Treated:
1. True health optimization (maximize health, vitality, energy, wellbeing, mood, quality of life).
2. Performance optimization (maximize aerobic fitness (VO2max), lactate threshold, endurance and fatigue resistance, exercise economy/biomechanical efficiency, strength, agility, flexibility).
3. Disease prevention (primary prevention of all disease entities, especially those listed below).
4. Integrative Treatment and/or prevention of the following conditions:
- cardiovascular and neurovascular disease (atherosclerotic disease, heart attack risk, stroke risk)
- high cholesterol, family history of heart disease
- hypertension, high blood pressure
- dementia (Alzheimer’s disease)
- mild cognitive impairment, brain fog, memory complaints
- hormone deficiencies (low testosterone, menopause, etc.)
- fatigue (adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, overtraining, etc.)
- insomnia and sleep disorders
- low mood, depression, irritability, stress intolerance
- breast, prostate, and colon cancer (prevention and integrative/lifestyle treatment to complement conventional treatment, not as an alternative to conventional treatment).
- osteoporosis, osteopenia, low bone mineral density
- irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- gluten sensitivity, celiac disease, other food sensitivities, SIBO (small bowel bacterial overgrowth)
- diabetes mellitus type II, metabolic syndrome
- obesity, overweight, difficult weight loss
- autoimmune diseases (prevention and complementary treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE), multiple sclerosis (MS), hashimoto’s thyroiditis, etc.)
- hypothyroidism, low thyroid function
- systemic inflammation
- allergies, atopy, asthma, eczema
- arthritis, joint pain, muscle aches, fibromyalgia
5-day nature-focused, health-oriented, immersion retreats are also available to radically shift one’s life toward perfect health. See: www.epichealthexperience.com.